of the blast furnace No. 7
in Q1 2018
EVRAZ NTMK’s blast furnaces no. 5 and no. 6 each currently have an effective operating volume of 2,200 m3. They are known as the most productive and efficient blast furnaces in Russia and Europe. Building the new blast furnace no. 7 provides alternative capacity while the blast furnace no. 6 is taken off-line for a major overhaul.
- two fully enclosed casting yards
- automated furnace filling and external cooling systems
- high-capacity aspiration systems and stoves
- every tap spout near tap holes is equipped with over-head exhaust hoods and efficient bag filters, which improve air filtration by 2.5 times
- the main slag discharge runner’s upgraded design prevents closed-circuit water leaks